Douglas J. Blue
attorney at law
Areas of Practice
Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Negligence, Dental Negligence, Premises Liability and Nursing Home Negligence
Douglas J. Blue joined Kisling, Nestico & Redick in 2019 after representing injury victims throughout the State of Ohio for twenty-seven years. During this time, Doug tried hundreds of cases to juries for his clients including cases involving automobile collisions and medical negligence claims. He has argued in appellate courts across the state and in the Ohio Supreme Court, Risner v. Ohio Dept. of Transp., 145 Ohio St.3d 55, 2015-Ohio-4443 (wrongful death case against ODOT for improper intersection re-design). Doug was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, and enjoys spending time with his wife, two daughters, and chocolate lab. He is an avid runner having competed in nine marathons and enjoys the outdoors.
Professional Profiles and Reviews
- Ohio, May 1992
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, June 1998
- United States District Court for the Southern District, August 2005
- Wittenberg University, 1988, B.A., Economics
- Vermont Law School, 1991, J.D.
- Vermont Law School, 1991, Masters in Environmental Law, Magna Cum Laude
- Wolske & Blue, Co., L.P.A., 1992-2000, Attorney
- Blue, Wilson & Blue, LLC, 2000 – 2008, Partner
- Blue & Blue, LLC – 2008-2019, Partner
Frequent lecturer for National Business Institute on all aspects of litigating personal injury and wrongful death claims including discovery, evidence; direct and cross examinations of experts; and subrogation issues including, but not limited to, Medicare subrogation.