Michael J. Maillis
Areas of Practice
Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Motor Vehicle Accidents
Michael J. Maillis began his legal career as a Stark County Public Defender in January 1996. He later served as a Youngstown City Prosecutor and an Assistant Mahoning County Prosecutor, where he was assigned to try major felony cases. As a prosecutor, Michael built a reputation as tough, but fair. In 2002, he began working at Perantinides & Nolan Co., LPA, a medical malpractice/personal injury plaintiff’s firm. Michael joined Kisling, Nestico & Redick in 2013.
Michael is married to his college sweetheart, the former Celeste Koulianos, and lives with her and his two children, Arianna and Nicholas, in Campbell, Ohio. He and his family are active parishioners at Archangel Michael Greek Orthodox Church in Campbell. Michael is also the creator and sponsor of the Michael Elias Maillis Scholarship for the Campbell City Schools.
Michael enjoys running marathons in his spare time and is a member of the Youngstown Road Runners Club and Marathon Maniacs Club. He has completed 56 marathons and is a five-time qualifier for the Boston Marathon. Michael has also been selected to the Campbell Memorial High School Alumni Hall of Fame.
Professional Profiles and Reviews
- Ohio, 1995
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio, J.D. – 1995
- Youngstown State University, B.A. – 1990 – Major: Economics
Honors and Awards
- AV Peer Review Rated, Preeminent by Martindale Hubbel for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- The National Trial Lawyers, Civil Plaintiff – Top 100 Attorneys, 2016 & 2019
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers – 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mahoning County Bar Association
- Perantinides & Nolan Co., LPA, Attorney, 2002 – 2012
- Mahoning County Prosecutor, 2000 – 2001
- Youngstown City Prosecutor, 1997 – 2000
- Stark County Public Defender’s Office, Attorney, 1996 – 1997