Rob A. Nestico
Rob A. Nestico
Rob A. Nestico
Year Joined Firm 2005
Areas of Practice Personal Injury, Class Action, Motor Vehicle Accidents
Attorney Nestico has long had an interest in personal injury law. At the age of 15, he was injured in a car crash when another driver failed to stop an intersection resulting in a head-on collision with another vehicle, killing the other driver. Due to the incident, Nestico spent three months in the hospital recovering from injuries to both arms, one requiring a steel rod to be surgically attached. During this time, Nestico says he and his family were vulnerable to the practices of insurance companies and were taken advantage of during one of the most difficult times in their lives. Thus, Nestico’s passion for personal injury law had manifest and led him to become a personal injury lawyer.
Attorney Nestico received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1990 and a Specialized Honors of Political Science in 1992, both from York University. He received his Juris Doctor of Law degree, graduating in the top five percent of his class and with honors, from Touro Law School in New York in 1999. During his time at Touro, Nestico completed two internships, one with a state judge and one with a federal judge. He then attended The University of Akron School of Law in Akron, Ohio, as a visiting student, where he still practices law today.
Nestico began his professional law experience with an insurance defense firm before switching to the plaintiff-side of personal injury. In 2005, along with Attorneys Kisling and Redick, Nestico became a founding partner of Kisling, Nestico & Redick. KNR has since grown from three to 26 lawyers, five to over 100 support staff, and have offices all throughout the state of Ohio.
Attorney Nestico has successfully tried cases to verdict and argued cases before the Ohio Supreme Court and 6th District Court of Appeals. He has represented over 200,000 clients in a class-action suit recovering over $27.5 million dollars and is a member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum – an honor less than one percent of U.S. attorneys can claim. He has been recognized as a Rising Star and Super Lawyer several times by Super Lawyers Magazine and has also been voted as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer. Attorney Nestico is admitted to practice law in multiple Ohio courts and the U.S. Supreme Court and is trilingual in English, French, and Italian. He focuses his practice on personal injury and class-action lawsuits.
Attorney Nestico is a first generation American-Italian as both of his parents hail from Calabria, Italy. He lives in Summit County with his wife, Patricia, and their three children.
Rob A. Nestico’s Awards
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2000
- Ohio, 1999
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York, J.D. cum laude – 1999
- York University, B.A. – 1992 – Major: Specialized Honors in Political Science
- York University, B.A. – 1990 – Major: Political Science
- Shannon VanHorn, et al. v. Nationwide Property and Casualty Insurance Company, et al.
- Lead Counsel representing over 200,000 claimants against Nationwide Insurance Company
- Toledo Properties v. Traveler’s Insurance
- Magnolia v. Traveler’s Insurance
Honors and Awards
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2009
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers of America
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Ohio
- The American Trial Lawyers Association Top Trial Lawyers, 2007 – 2012
- Ohio’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Akron Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee
- Akron Disciplinary Committee
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Ohio’s Outstanding Young Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Plaintiff Personal Injury Law Firm, Attorney, 2000 – 2005
- Reminger & Reminger (Insurance Defense), Attorney, 1999 – 2000
- Gallagher, Sharp, Fulton & Norman (Insurance Defense), Attorney, 1999
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Ohio for Judge Dan Polster, Intern, 1998
- Summit County Judicial Internship for Judge Patricia Cosgrove, Judicial Intern, 1998