Richard B. Furnish
attorney at law
Areas of Practice
Personal Injury, family law, criminal law, small business law and estate planning
Richard B. Furnish joined the team at Kisling, Nestico & Redick in 2022. Prior to joining KNR, Richard worked as a law clerk for the Ohio Attorney General and as a Contract Attorney for Blackletter Discovery before opening his own practice. There he represented clients in a variety of legal matters including estate planning, probate, family, criminal, real estate, personal injury, contract, employment, and civil litigation. During that time, Richard served as attorney of record or guardian ad litem for over 1,255 cases and clients.
In his free time, Richard enjoys outdoor sports such as tennis, swimming, fishing and kayaking. He lives in Columbus with his wife, daughter and their cat but they hope to get a small dog when their daughter is older. When he’s not spending time with his family and friends, you can catch him at an Ohio State, Cincinnati Reds or Bengals game.
- Ohio, 2011
- Federal Court – Southern District of Ohio, 2011
- Miami University – Bachelor of Science, General Business – 2006
- Saint Louis University – Juris Doctorate – 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of Columbus Bar Association and Ohio Bar Association
- Board Member for The Film Council of Greater Columbus, Inc.
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk, Ohio Attorney General, Environmental Enforcement, 2009-2010
- Contract attorney, Blackletter discovery, 2011
- Solo practitioner, Richard B. Furnish Attorney At Law LLC, 2011-2022
Years Of Experience
Number Of Career Trials
- 2 Jury Trials
- 30 Bench Trials
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Small Business Law and Estate Planning