Distracted driving contributes to nearly 25 percent of all automobile accidents each year, according to data from the National Safety Council, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, and various university studies on the subject.
Scholarship Update: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the scholarship award will be postponed. An exact date is currently unknown. We will update this page when a new award date is known.
At KNR, we are committed to combat this issue, and that fight starts with greater awareness amongst the younger generations, and we believe that greater awareness of this issue can make a difference. We are proud to announce KNR’s Stop Distracted Driving Scholarship which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education.
In order to be eligible for KNR’s Stop Distracted Driving Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate good character and high initiative.
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- A completed application form.
- A current high school, college, or graduate school transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable).
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or faculty member.
- The application period for the 2020 scholarship has ended.
- Due to the recent Covid-19 pandemic, the scholarship award date will be postponed. A new award date will be posted on this page shortly.
Applicants will be required to develop a plan that will persuade young adults to avoid distracted driving. The ‘plan’ can be very open-ended. Applicants can make videos, submit strategies, or really be as creative as they’d like to convey their ideas.
The scholarship must be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses. A check will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly. You are expected to submit any receipts to remain in compliance with the IRS.
About Kisling, Nestico & Redick
The Ohio personal injury lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick provides sophisticated injury law representation to clients throughout Ohio. Our firm has gained a reputation as one of the state’s leading personal injury firms due to the personal service, inside knowledge of the insurance industry, and extensive legal experience that we bring to every case.