While saddened by the loss of one of KNR’s founding attorneys, Robert Redick, we wanted to pay tribute to Robert’s passion for helping accident victims. Therefore, we are proud to announce The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship in his honor.
Robert became an attorney to fight for the rights of the injured. In that spirit, The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship will award $5,000 to a student pursuing higher education with a unique plan to persuade young adults against distracted driving.
Distracted driving contributes to nearly 25% of all automobile accidents each year, according to data from the National Safety Council, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, and various university studies on the subject.
At KNR, we are committed to combating distracted driving by spreading awareness across all generations.
To be eligible for The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate good character and high initiative.
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- A completed application form.
- A current high school, college, or graduate school transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable).
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or faculty member.
- All scholarship applications must be received by March 31, 2022
Applicants will be required to develop a plan that will persuade young adults to avoid distracted driving. The ‘plan’ can be very open-ended. Applicants can make videos, submit strategies, or really be as creative as they’d like to convey their ideas.
The scholarship must be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses. A check will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly. You are expected to submit any receipts to remain in compliance with the IRS.
About Kisling, Nestico & Redick
The Ohio personal injury lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick provides sophisticated injury law representation to clients throughout Ohio. Our firm has gained a reputation as one of the state’s leading personal injury firms due to the personal service, inside knowledge of the insurance industry, and extensive legal experience that we bring to every case.