Legal Help for the Injured.
If you’ve been hurt in an RV, reach out to KNR. We’ll explain the law and what you may be entitled to. Free Consults.
Ohio Recreational Vehicle (RV) Accidents
Recreational vehicles (RVs) can pose a danger to occupants, pedestrians, and other vehicles due to their size, weight, and lack of maneuverability. Whether you were injured in an RV or were struck by a negligent RV operator, it’s important to know your rights.
At KNR, we are familiar with RV accidents and can help you obtain compensation. Call an Ohio RV accident lawyer today at 1-800-HURT-NOW to find out how we can help you.
Our Attorneys Make RV Accident Liability Clear
At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, our lawyers understand the complexities of accidents that involve recreational vehicles and the severe injuries that may result. Fortunately, the law gives you the option to pursue an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to recover the maximum compensation possible for your losses and hold the right parties accountable.
With a long history of fighting for injured Ohioans, we can successfully guide you if you or a loved one are hurt in an RV accident.
At KNR, we ask, “what more can we do?”
- 30 + Attorneys– Over 5 centuries of legal experience.
- 12 Ohio Offices – KNR is Ohio-wide & eager to help.
- 100+ Staff– KNR prides itself on being available.
- 10,000 + Clients & Millions Recovered – We get results. You get to move on.
- Zero Risk – Your job is to heal. We handle everything else.
How Did Your RV Accident Happen?
Despite their large size, weight, and complexity, obtaining a special RV license, such as a commercial driver’s license, is not necessary. In fact, some of the leading causes of RV accidents are inexperienced driving and equipment failure.
Common Causes of RV Accidents
- Overloading, which can lead to restricted breaking and/or steering and blowouts
- Inexperienced drivers
- Taking turns too fast
- Tire blowouts due to overloading, under inflation, or wear over time
- Poorly balanced roads
- Miscalculating the distance needed for turns or stopping
- Blind spots
- Equipment failure
- Distracted, drowsy, or impaired drivers
Recreational Vehicle Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained in RV accidents can include disfigurement, paralysis, broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, burns, muscle injuries, and even death. On average, 26 people die every year in RV accidents, and the number one injury in recreational vehicle collisions is head injury.
Other frequently seem RV accident-related injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Hip Injuries
- Knee & Joint Injuries
- Windshield Injuries
- Internal Damage
- Facial Injuries
- Auto Ejection Injuries
- Car Accident PTSD
Liability in Ohio RV Accidents
Determining liability in an RV accident can be complicated. Depending on the specific circumstances of your accident, a driver, manufacturer, and/or RV retailer may be at fault. Here at Kisling, Nestico & Redick, we know how to handle RV accident cases.
To be deemed negligent in an RV accident:
- The other party (the RV driver, manufacturer, maintenance provider, etc.) had a duty of care toward you
- That party breached this duty by failing to act reasonably under the circumstances
- The breach of this duty caused your accident
- You suffered injuries that you can be compensated for
For example, if you believe the driver was negligent, you can potentially show they breached their duty by speeding in a large recreational vehihicle. As a result, the driver was unable to avoid collision. Finally, you must show how the accident led to your injuries and subsequent financial losses.
Our lawyers will investigate the accident and preserve evidence to ensure objective experts can weigh in on what went wrong and who is responsible. Your lawyer will also take a hard look at the RV’s driver, maintenance records, and all the other factors related to your collision.
While every injury victim’s experience is different, an insurance claim or lawsuit usually focuses on:
- The gravity of your injuries
- Your assorted financial losses
- The negative impact on your life
- Your degree of fault
- The parties involved & insurance limits
Our Ohio RV Accident Lawyers Are Close By
Our statewide practice is designed to make going through claim or lawsuit more convenient and accessible for accident victims. With 12 Ohio locations, KNR is a call or click away.
*KNR also serves Ohio’s rural counties & conducts consultations via Zoom.
Fight for Everything You’re Owed.
Recreational Vehicle Accidents: Damages & Compensation
You shouldn’t be forced to bear the financial cost of someone’s negligent behavior, especially if an inexperienced or distracted RV driver hit your car and caused significant harm.
What Are You Entitled To?
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an RV accident due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Through a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
If a reckless driver or another party caused a loved one’s untimely death, the family may also be able to pursue a wrongful death claim after an RV accident. And while there is no standard way to calculate an insurance settlement or verdict, a lawyer can help you understand the best way to proceed.
What Makes KNR Special?
Our Team Does More for RV Accident Victims
Cases involving large recreational vehicles can involve detailed technical information and large insurance carries refuting their liability. You likely have numerous questions about what to do next if you’ve been injured. Our attorneys can offer insight and are committed to advocating for your interests after an incident with an RV.
Our RV Accident Lawyers Will
- Investigate, collect evidence, and find those at fault.
- Interview witnesses, medical professionals, and experts.
- Communicate with the insurer, clarify liability, and pursue max compensation.
- Determine the full and fair value of what you lost and deserve.
- Keep you informed and involved. KNR is available by phone, text, email, or Zoom.
- Protect your rights and, if necessary, take your case to court.
- Never charge you upfront. If there’s no recovery, there’s no cost.
At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, our experienced personal injury lawyers can help assess the factors that caused your RV accident, investigate the crash scene, and help you pursue a claim for compensation. As one of the largest personal injury law firms in Ohio, we have the skill and resources to build the strongest possible case and have a proven track record of success.
- Car Accidents on Road Trips: What To Do?
- Ohio Car Accidents on Country Roads
- Distracted Driving I-71 – Tips for Ohio Drivers
Expect More from Your Lawyer.
Injured by a Recreational Vehicle? Call KNR.
Our Ohio attorneys want you to keep more of the compensation you’re entitled to, so you can move on after an RV collision. At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, we will use every available resource so you recover physically and financially.
1-800-HURT-NOW for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.