Where to Seek Medical Treatment After a Car Accident in Franklin CountyJan 22, 2019 Car Accidents Legal Blog Ohio Personal Injury
Posted by: Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC
Franklin County is the most populous county in Ohio and is included in the Columbus, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area. With its size and population density, car accidents in Franklin County are a frequent occurrence. As a top-rated Ohio injury law firm, the car accident in the area, seeking medical treatment should be one of your top priorities.
Once you get the medical treatment you need if you were hurt in a crash that was caused by another party’s negligence your next step should be to contact KNR to discuss your options. Call us at (614) 487-8669 or online to schedule a free, no-risk consultation. We can ensure you recover the fair and full compensation are entitled to under the law.
Hospitals in Franklin County to Visit After a Crash
After an accident, it’s imperative to visit a hospital in the area so a doctor can check you out and determine whether you’ve been injured. Even if you believe you are okay or your injury is no big deal, the importance of seeking medical treatment should not be overlooked. Many injuries are not immediately apparent and may become noticeable days, weeks, and even months after the accident.
If you have an injury like this and don’t see a doctor right after your crash, you may have difficulty securing the fair compensation you deserve for your medical bills. The negligent party’s insurer may argue that your injuries were not caused by the accident since you did not see a doctor immediately. To avoid this situation, we recommend visiting one of these hospitals after a Franklin County car crash:
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Select Specialty Hospital-Columbus South
- OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
- McConnell Heart Hospital at Riverside
- Diley Ridge Medical Center
- OhioHealth Doctors Hospital
The primary care doctor you see may refer you to a specialist if your injury requires closer attention. If this happens, be sure to visit the specialist and adhere to their prescribed treatment plan.
Most Common Injuries in Franklin County Car Accidents
There are a variety of injuries you may experience after a car crash in Franklin County. Some of the most common injuries include the following:
- Head and brain injuries: Head and brain injuries are often the result of your head striking the steering wheel or a window. They can range in severity and lead to long-term disabilities if they are serious.
- Neck and back injuries: Whiplash is one of the most common neck injuries caused by car accidents. It may occur if your neck suddenly jolts in a back and forth motion. Other examples of neck and back injuries include spinal cord injuries and herniated discs.
- Chest and abdominal injuries: In minor crashes, chest and abdominal injuries may leave bruises or contusions. However, in more serious collisions, there may be internal organ damage or broken ribs.
- Leg and knee injuries: While they are not as common as head, brain, neck, and back injuries, leg and knee injuries do arise because of the limited amount of room your legs have when you’re in the driver’s seat.
- Psychological injuries: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD is a serious psychological injury in which you may face nightmares and intrusive thoughts months and even years after a crash.
Injured in a Franklin County Car Accident? Call Kisling, Nestico & Redick
After you seek medical treatment, it’s in your best interest to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer right away. At KNR, we have a track record of helping people in Franklin County, Ohio after car accidents. Let us ensure that you receive what you need to cover your medical bills and inform you of all your legal options.