KNR Kicks-Off 12 Days of Christmas GivingDec 01, 2019 Press Release
Donations Planned Across Ohio
Akron, OH – It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The law firm Kisling, Nestico & Redick (KNR) is getting in the holiday spirit with 12 Days of Christmas donations to try and make the season a little brighter for Ohio families.
From a Shop with a Cop event in Toledo to paying off $5,000 in layaways in Akron, the donations are part of the 12-month campaign, KNR Cares About Kids, which is a commitment to give back to the community each month and help kids reach their full potential.
“We are excited to help our neighbors this holiday season, especially those in need,” said Rob Nestico, managing partner at KNR. “There is always a lot of stress during this time of year, but we hope the donations we’re making throughout our Ohio footprint help make the holidays truly the most wonderful time of the year. We also want to inspire others in the community to jump on board and pay it forward.” In the spirit of inspiring others, KNR encourages people to share their own good deeds on social media using #KNRCares.
The 12 Days of Christmas celebration, which will run December 1 to 12, includes:
• On the first day of Christmas KNR gave to me…a fully decorated Christmas tree. The tree has shatter proof ornaments, lottery tickets and gift cards with a value of around $350. The social media giveaway ran through November 21 and Anne Klein from Fairlawn was announced the winner.
• On the second day…stockings. KNR donated stockings full of candy and gifts to children and teens staying at Sojourner House, a domestic violence shelter, in Youngstown on December 2.
• On the third day…cookies. The law firm is baked cookies for guests at the Ronald McDonald House in Cleveland on Monday, November 25. This will be announced on social on December 3.
• On the fourth day…coats. KNR will be presenting the 408 coats collected recently at the Coats & Cans for Kids Turkey Giveaway to the Providence House and the May Dugan Center in Cleveland on Wednesday, December 4 at 10 a.m. and 11:15 a.m., respectively.
• On the fifth day…baby hats. They gave away 150 newborn baby hats to Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus on Wednesday, November 27 and will be shared on social on December 5.
• On the sixth day…a check donation. KNR attorneys and staff at each office throughout Ohio have been competing all year long to raise the most money for charities. The Toledo office will present a $3,300 check to Family House, a family homeless shelter located in Toledo.
• On the seventh day…cards. The Akron office made Christmas cards to send to Hospitalized Kids and Operation Christmas Card.
• On the eighth day…a check donation. The Columbus office raised $1,500 for the charity A Kid Again in Columbus. The check took place on Wednesday, November 27 and will be posted on social media on December 8.
• On the ninth day…a shopping spree. KNR, and several other companies, are funding a Shop with a Cop event in Toledo on Sunday, December 8 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. with the FOP Toledo Lodge 40. 150 kids and up to 40 police officers will participate.
• On the tenth day…shopping trip. Partner Thomas Vasvari is going shopping to purchase gifts for kids at Potential Development in Youngstown.
• On the eleventh day…blankets. Attorneys and staff are making blankets to donate to Akron Children’s Hospital through Project Linus, an organization that provides homemade blankets to children in need.
• On the twelfth day…layaway payoff. $5,000 in layaways will be purchased from the Akron Walmart on Tuesday, December 10 and then delivered in the days following.