Local Medical Care Under Quarantine: Your Injuries Need Treatment | Kisling, Nestico & Redick
Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC Hurt in a Car? Call KNR.
Written by
KNR Legal
Date posted
May 11, 2020

Obtaining medical attention should be your top priority after any personal injury. However, you may be unsure of how to get the care you need while under quarantine.

You should still go to the emergency room or a doctor if you are hurt, even during the COVID pandemic. As a top-rated Ohio personal injury firm, at KNR, we want you to know your options for medical treatment and how to proceed after a serious accident.

To discuss a personal injury case with an experienced attorney, contact Kisling, Nestico & Redick at 1-800-HURT-NOW. Initial consults are always free and there’s no cost until you recover compensation.

Why Is Medical Treatment So Important After an Accident?

Getting proper medical treatment after an accident is essential for several reasons. Mainly, this is the best way to physically return to life as you knew it before the car accident, slip and fall, or other accident.

The longer you wait to get medical treatment, the more injured you may become. This is seen a lot in whiplash and traumatic brain injuries, which don’t always appear serious at first, only to get worse without proper care. Because of this, you should seek treatment right away and carefully explain how you feel to medical professionals.

In addition to physically getting better, the medical records and bills serve as evidence of what the accident cost you. When you make a personal injury claim, you will have to prove that you were injured and it caused you harm. The doctor’s notes will describe your injuries and the bills will document the financial loss that can be compensated.

Obtaining Medical Care Under Quarantine

Doctors, emergency departments, and other medical providers are still open through the COVID health crisis. If you are severely injured in an accident, you should immediately call 911 and go to the ER. This will ensure that you get the fastest treatment possible for your injuries.

If you feel you are hurt in the hours or days after an accident, you can schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. Your doctor may refer you to a physical therapist or other specialist for additional treatment and testing.

Chiropractors are also commonly used after an accident. Many soft tissue and skeletal injuries can be effectively treated by a chiropractor. Some chiropractors have altered their service hours or procedures, but most are still providing treatment.

Where to Seek Local Treatment After an Accident

All trauma centers in Ohio remain open. They are typically associated with an emergency department that is open 24/7.

If you are worried about COVID exposure at an ER or doctor’s office, you can wear a mask, gloves, and other personal protection equipment (PPE).

Here is a list of some of the Level 1 Ohio trauma centers:

You can also go to any nearby emergency room . Once evaluated, you may be transferred to a trauma center if necessary.

Call KNR for Help Getting the Medical Care You Need

If you aren’t sure about where to find a doctor or how to obtain proper medical care after a serious accident, call KNR at 1-800-HURT-NOW. We can guide you through the process, go over what you can expect, and explain how to file a personal injury claim.

Initial consultations are free and there are no up-front costs. We only get paid when you recover compensation.