Who To Call After a Car Accident in ToledoJan 30, 2019 Car Accidents Legal Blog Ohio Personal Injury
Posted by: Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC
Toledo is located on the Western tip of Lake Erie and is known for its development in the glass making industry. It’s a short drive from Cleveland and Detroit, and admired for its fairly low cost of living and bustling downtown. While it is truly is an exciting place to call home, car accidents are a frequent occurrence. If you are ever involved in a Toledo car crash, the team at KNR have compiled this guide of who to call after a car accident in Toledo.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a crash due to no fault of your own, consult an experienced Toledo personal injury lawyer at Kisling, Nestico & Redick right away. We can help you determine liability and inform of your legal options.
The Toledo Police
After a car accident, if the police do not immediately arrive at the scene, it is your responsibility to call and inform them of the crash. Once they are aware of the accident, you can expect them to come to the scene, ask you as well as other drivers and witnesses several questions, and fill out a crash report.
The official crash report will likely feature the following information:
- The location, date, and time of the collision
- Your contact information as well as the names, phone numbers, and insurance details of other drivers involved
- Witness statements
- The road conditions and weather at the time of the crash
- A sketch of the accident
- Any citations that were issued
- Opinions on who is liable for the crash/ul>
- Speak to insurance companies on your behalf: The liable party’s insurer may call and try to convince you to accept a low ball offer. After all, they are in the business of making money. To ensure you don’t say the wrong things and settle for a compensation amount that’s less than you deserve, allow a lawyer to handle all communications with insurance companies.
- Prove liability: if it’s unclear who caused the crash, a lawyer can investigate it, gather evidence, and ensure the right party is held accountable.
- Determine the value of your claim: It can be difficult to determine the value of your claim on your own. A lawyer can evaluate your case and figure out a fair value so that you don’t have to settle for a low ball offer.
- File a car accident claim: If you wish to file a car accident claim and seek compensation for any damages you may have faced, a lawyer can take care of this. You can depend on them to ensure that your claim is filed correctly and adheres to all deadlines.
Obtaining a police report is imperative, as it can protect you if you decide to file a car accident claim against the negligent party. If you fail to get the police involved, you may have difficulty securing maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
The crash report serves as written proof that the accident did arise and can help insurance companies determine who is at fault. If you’d like to ensure your rights are protected, contacting the Toledo police should be one of your top priorities.
An Experienced Toledo Car Accident Lawyer
Even minor fender benders can lead to serious injuries and confusion about liability. Regardless of whether you consider the crash to be minor or serious, it is in your best interest to reach out to an experienced Toledo car accident lawyer. Here’s how a lawyer may be able to help you:
Injured in a Toledo Car Crash? Contact Kisling, Nestico & Redick
After a Toledo car crash, it’s essential to remain calm and call the police as well as a skilled Toledo car accident lawyer with KNR. By doing so, you can increase your chances of a positive case outcome. We have decades of experience handling Toledo car crashes and are here to help any time you are hurt and would like guidance with filing a claim.