The Toledo hip injury lawyers of Kisling, Nestico & Redick can help if you hurt your hip in a car wreck or other accident.
We are proud to announce The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education.
KNR has a long tradition of public service in Ohio. From charitable donations to our volunteer work, Team KNR is proud to give back and ready to help.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named three of our attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists in 2021.
See how our case results have helped clients rebuild their lives.
The hip consists of many moving parts that are essential to our ability to walk, kneel, and rotate from side to side. Damage to this part of our bodies can impact a victim for life. You not only face terrible pain in a hip injury, but the recovery process can be long and very uncertain. Our personal injury lawyers understand that damage to your hip in an accident can be extremely difficult. You might need numerous medical operations, and it can be difficult to do activities that were once taken for granted. Hip damage is complex, and your lawyer must know how to build a strong case for you to recover adequate financial compensation. Do not hesitate to contact a knowledgeable Ohio hip injury lawyer if you were hurt by the negligent actions of someone else.
There Are Many Ways Your Hip Can Be Damaged in an Accident
Falls or hard impacts often affect our hips. The hip is a large part of the body, and it’s meant to be both strong and flexible at the same time. This allows for you to walk around and turn at your own leisure. Unfortunately, the complexity of our hips allows for many different types of injuries. Permanent damage can be caused due to the hard impact of a car accident or a slip and fall. Furthermore, you can be more susceptible to serious harm due to old age or frequently performing certain repetitive motions. Common hip injuries that we have seen include:
- Fractured hips – Damaged bones in your hips can cause extreme pain and can result in surrounding tissue sustaining harm. The healing process can be difficult and take a long time.
- Hip bursitis – This is inflammation of a fluid filled sac called the bursit which acts as a cushion. A hard strike or harmful repetitive motion can cause this painful swelling to occur.
- Hip labral tear – Soft tissue that protects the hip joint can be torn in an accident or fall. This can cause serious pain and may make basic movements impossible unless properly treated.
- Hip impingement – Damage to the socket of the hip joint can happen in an accident or due to certain repeating motions. Treatment requires extended therapy and often surgery for serious cases.
- Dislocation – A hip joint can be dislocated when the bones pop out of place in a violent impact. After being put back into place, your doctor must determine if you have suffered tears in muscle or cartilage surrounding your hip.
There Are Many Causes of Serious Hip Injuries
Your hip injury can be caused by a sudden accident or it can be caused by repetitive motions that cause harm over time. If someone else holds responsibility for this injury, then they can be held liable to pay you damages. The Ohio area sees many incidents where victims have serious and even catastrophic physical damage. A skilled hip injury lawyer will know that your case is unique, and a complete investigation must be made in order to determine liability. Of the hip injuries that we have seen, many have been caused by the following:
- Car accidents – A hard impact on the road can cause a hip dislocation, torn tissue, or broken bones. Collisions on highways and streets throughout the Toledo area cause thousands of serious injuries every year.
- Slip and falls – Your hip can be dislocated or broken if you fall on an unsafe walkway or down a dangerous flight of stairs. Property owners can be liable for injuries caused on their premises that they failed to keep safe.
- Nursing home neglect or abuse – Elderly victims of poor care in nursing homes often fall and sustain breaks or other damage to their hips. Falls at nursing homes are much more common than falls for elderly people in their own homes.
- Defective product accidents – A poorly designed or assembled product can cause terrible harm to unsuspecting victims. You can suffer from hip damage due to a broken medical device, dangerous sport equipment, or defective automobile.
- Work injuries – Workplaces often suffer from accidents, and certain types of work are more likely to result in hip damage to employees. Your lawyer must understand Ohio’s workers’ compensation system and how to secure the compensation you need.
Do Not Hesitate to Seek Legal Help
Hip injuries are not only painful, but they can cause permanent damage if not properly addressed. It is very important that you seek medical attention if you have been in an accident, or if you believe that you might have developed a hip injury over time. Ohio personal injury law allows you to file a claim for damages from a responsible party. Contacting a skilled lawyer can help you succeed in securing damages for your injury. Our Toledo hip injury lawyers understand how to investigate your accident, and show how the other party caused it through their negligence. The recovery process you face can be long and costly, so do not fail to call knowledgeable legal counsel to help you and your family.
Ohio’s statute of limitations requires you to act within two years if you are to file a lawsuit for personal injury. This two-year time period begins when you are injured in an accident or when you are first able to identify the harm you sustained. Our lawyers can help you recover financial damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We can help you through every part of the complex legal process, including:
- Consulting with your doctors to understand the extent of your injuries
- Investigating who holds responsibility for the cause of your hip damage
- Consulting with medical and other technical experts who may act as witnesses
- Negotiating for an appropriate financial settlement offer
- Recovering your damages at trial if no such offer is given
A Lawyer From Kisling, Nestico, & Redick Can Help You
Damage to your hip can affect every part of your life. If can be difficult or impossible to walk, bend down, turn, or stand up straight. The pain that you may be suffering can be immense. Hip injuries are always complex, and the road to recovery can be long and require a great deal of medical attention. As Toledo hip injury lawyers with years of experience, we know how to build a successful case for your financial recovery. In addition to working closely with your doctors, we will make sure that you and your family have every opportunity to heal and move on with your lives. However, given Ohio’s statute of limitations law, we encourage you to contact your lawyer without delay. Your case can be complex, and the other parties may not be very helpful.
Contact Kisling, Nestico & Redick to speak with a knowledgeable Ohio lawyer about your hip injury. We understand how important compensation can be for you and your family during this difficult time. Contact our office today at (419) 324-8205.