If you’re suffering from losing a limb, the Toledo amputation lawyers from Kisling, Nestico & Redick can help.
We are proud to announce The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education.
In 2020, KNR is putting the focus on deserving individuals of all age groups throughout Ohio. We believe that YOU make our world better.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named three of our attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists in 2021.
See how our case results have helped clients rebuild their lives.
Thousands of Toledo-area residents suffer terrible injuries every year in car accidents on local roads or highways, in an accident while at work, or in a fall or collision when visiting someone else’s property. Although serious injuries will often take months or even years to heal, a catastrophic injury that results in the loss of a limb will impact you for the rest of your life. Many violent accidents can sever a limb or extremity and your first responders or doctors may have to amputate a damaged limb in order to save your life from infection. It’s important that you have a lawyer who knows how to recover the compensation that you need in order to return a sense of normalcy to your life. Our Toledo amputation lawyers have helped many victims of these types of accidents get through the complex legal process that follows an accident.
Amputations Are Common and Impact Many Lives
The Ohio State Highway Patrol reports that thousands of people are badly hurt in car accidents alone every year in Lucas County and northwestern Ohio. Many other accidents are reported on Lake Erie, the Maumee River, and in state parks and recreational areas. However, there are many catastrophic injuries that don’t involve moving vehicles. You can be badly hurt almost anywhere and when you least expect it due to the negligence of someone else.
A skilled amputation attorney will be able to investigate every detail of your case as they work to find the party who owes you damages. Of the many ways that you can suffer an amputation due to the actions of a careless or negligent person, some include:
- Traffic accident – Many car accidents cause terrible harm on Toledo area roads or interstates. St. Vincent Hospital in Toledo recently treated the victims of a motorcycle accident; one of whom suffered a severed limb.
- Defective product – Products that are poorly built or designed sometimes explode or become uncontrollable. This can involve powerful tools, vehicles, and household machines.
- Slip and falls – Falling down a flight of stairs or on an unstable walkway can cause terrible physical harm. Property owners must make sure that their premises are safe, and they’ve taken steps to protect guests from unreasonable dangers.
- Boating accidents – Commercial and recreational boat accidents can cause serious harm, and it might be difficult to get emergency help quick enough to save a limb.
- Medical malpractice – The careless actions of a negligent medical professional can have a huge impact on your life. Irresponsible doctors can damage limbs beyond the point of repair.
- Workplace accidents – Many workers in construction or outdoor occupations sustain terrible injuries on the job and have limbs amputated as a result.
How a Lawyer Can Help You
The accident that you sustained can be extremely traumatic, and you might be in the hospital for a long time. It’s understandable for anyone to be uncertain about what to do in this situation. You will need to get through the operations, therapy, and then consider a prosthetic limb. The expenses that you sustain can add up very quickly. Ohio law allows for you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover financial damages from the party that caused your accident. It’s important to not accept any compensation until you speak with a skilled amputation injury lawyer. Insurance companies are very concerned about having to make large payments to the victims of catastrophic injuries and will try and give you a low offer for damages in order to get you to go away.
As Toledo amputation lawyers with years of experience, we know how important it is to build a strong case for an accident victim. This will allow for us to seek an acceptable financial settlement through negotiations with the other party and their insurance provider. However, if you do not receive an acceptable settlement offer, we will use our years of court experience to secure your compensation at trial. You can recover damages for the follow:
- Medical bills for current and future doctor’s visits and operations
- Lost wages due to missed work
- Loss of future earning potential due to your injury
- Physical therapy needs
- Current and future prosthetic devices
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Punitive damages if the responsible party acted with extreme negligence or malice
Do Not Delay in Seeking an Amputation and Severed Limb Lawyer
It’s understandable for anyone recovering from a violent and terrible accident to want to take time to relax and get better. However, your opportunity to file a lawsuit for damages will not last long. Ohio’s statute of limitations law requires for injury victims to file a claim for compensation within two years of their accident. A skilled severed limb attorney will have to build a strong case for recovery before negotiating for a financial settlement. This can take time, and there are only a few exceptions to our state’s statute of limitations law that would apply to the victim of a severed limb. We encourage you to call your amputation attorney without delay. Our attorneys will have to do the following in order to recover the compensation you deserve:
- Make sure that you have appropriate medical care and therapy
- Discuss the extent of your harm with your doctors
- Consult with medical or product experts who may provide testimony for your case
- Negotiate with the other attorneys and insurance companies for a settlement offer
- Win damages in trial if the other side refuses to give proper compensation
A Toledo Amputation Lawyer from Kisling, Nestico, & Redick Can Help You
Do not delay to seek skilled legal help after you or a loved one have suffered terrible harm due to no fault of your own. It’s estimated that over 180,000 people need to have a limb amputated in the United States every year. Hundreds of Toledo area car and work accident victims sustain catastrophic and debilitating injuries every year. Our amputation lawyers understand how important compensation can be for you and your family. With years of experience in Ohio courts, our firm knows how to assist you through every step of the recovery process. However, we strongly advise you to call us as soon as possible. Your case can be complex, and your bills may continue to add up every day.
Contact Kisling, Nestico & Redick to speak with one of our knowledgeable injury lawyers. We can help you understand your legal options after a terrible accident caused by a negligent or reckless person. Call us today at (419) 324-8205.