Posted by: Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC
Akron is situated in Summit County and known as the fifth largest city in Ohio. It is an exciting place to live and work, and it features a variety of attractions including Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, the Akron Art Museum, and the Akron Zoo.
Unfortunately, car accidents do arise in Akron. If you sustain an injury in a car accident in the city, be sure to call the parties listed below. To schedule a free consultation of your case, reach out to our experienced Akron personal injury lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick right away. Contact us today at (330) 869-9007.
Who Should I Call After an Akron Car Accident?
Akron is a busy city. People are commuting to and from work and school, so cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles are always on the road. This amount of traffic can lead to an accident, so if you find yourself hurt after a car accident in Akron, you should call:
The Akron Police
Immediately after the car accident occurs, it is in your best interest to contact the Akron police. Law enforcement will come to the accident scene and file a report, which will contain important information about the crash, including:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Contact information of the drivers involved
- Relevant witness information
- Weather and road conditions at the time of the crash
- A diagram of the accident
- Thoughts on who was at fault
Calling the police and obtaining an official accident report is crucial, because if you do not take this step, you may have a difficult time recovering the fair compensation you may be entitled to under the law. If there is no police report and written account of what happened, the at-fault driver may claim that they were actually not responsible for the crash or even deny that they were ever involved in it. An insurance company may also deny your car accident claim and make it impossible for you to collect compensation for your damages.
The Akron Personal Injury Lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick
You should not overlook the benefits of hiring an Akron personal injury lawyer. A car accident attorney at our firm can do the following:
- Communicate with insurance companies – A lawyer understands the tactics that insurance companies often use to pay as little as they possibly can. Since the at-fault party’s insurer may make it seem like you actually caused the crash or your injury is not related to the accident, it’s important to allow an attorney to communicate with them on your behalf.
- File your claim – While you focus on recovering and resuming your routine, an attorney can handle the claims process. They will make sure that your claim is filed properly and meets the Ohio statute of limitations for accidents.
- Accurately estimate your damage – It can be difficult to determine how much your case is worth on your own. An attorney can evaluate the circumstances of your case including your vehicle damage, medical bills, lost income, and other damages to figure out the accurate value of your claim.
- Prove liability – If the crash was the result of another driver’s negligent actions, a lawyer can work to prove that. At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, we are well-versed in the elements of negligence and can help you collect the evidence necessary to prove liability.
Contact Our Akron Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you’ve been hurt in an Akron car crash that was not your fault, you should concentrate on healing. If you’re dealing with legal issues following an accident, consult the Akron personal injury lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick today. Call us at (330) 869-9007, or reach out online to schedule a free, initial evaluation of your case.