Uber is a popular ride-sharing service when you need a ride to the airport, your car is in the shop, or you want to get home safely after a night out. While Uber can make your life easier, Uber accidents do exist.
Sometimes, Uber drivers or other motorists drive recklessly. So, what do you do if you’re an Uber accident passenger? If you’ve been hurt in an Uber accident as a passenger, don’t hesitate to consult our experienced Uber accident lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick.
Call us at 1-800-HURT-NOW today for a free, no-risk consultation.
Steps to Take After an Uber Accident
After an Uber accident, you’re likely overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. By remaining calm and taking the following steps, you can protect your health and rights.
- Visit a doctor: Even if you think you’re fine, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. This way you can collect the documentation you need to prove you’ve been injured and increase your chances of fair and full compensation.
- Get the police report: The police should have been called to the scene. You can expect them to question those involved and file a police report with details about your accident. You’ll want to make note of the case number, so you can have access to this information.
- Document the crash: Use your smartphone or camera to take photos of the Uber vehicle as well as any other vehicles involved, road conditions and signs, and obviously your injuries.
- Report the accident to Uber: Contact Uber as soon as possible to make them aware of the crash. In the event you can’t reach anyone via the hotline, send an email and include the Uber driver’s name, which can be found in the app.
- Avoid speaking to insurance companies: Insurance companies are in business to make money so their goal is to either deny your claim or convince you to accept a low ball offer. Therefore, it’s a good idea to refrain from speaking to them until you’ve consulted a lawyer.
- Contact an Uber accident lawyer: Uber accidents are more complicated than traditional car accident so it’s imperative to seek legal representation as soon as possible. An Uber accident lawyer can help you determine liability and ensure your rights are protected.
Details on Uber Insurance Policies
Uber drivers are covered by a $1 million insurance policy. However, this $1 million policy does not protect against every type of crash. There may be some instances where the Uber driver may need to use their personal insurance policy to take care of the damages caused by the accident.
- Uber is not responsible for damages if an Uber driver get into an accident while they are not working.
- If the Uber driver has their app on at the time of the crash, the Uber insurance policy, as well as the driver’s personal insurance policy, may go into effect.
- Uber’s insurance policy covers $25,000 in property damage, $50,000 in bodily injury per person, and $100,000 in bodily injury per accident.
- If you are in an Uber when an accident occurs, you are covered by Uber’s insurance.
Contact Kisling, Nestico & Redick
If you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, reach out to Kisling, Nestico & Redick. We have successfully represented many passengers who were involved in Uber accidents and can advise you on your legal options.
Call us at 1-800-HURT-NOW today and set up a free consultation. There are no up-front costs and you owe nothing unless we recover compensation.