Posted by: Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC
Situated in northeast Ohio, Stark County is packed with attractions like the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Historic Canton Palace Theatre, and Canton Classic Car Museum. Stark County is admired for its low cost of living, stunning parks, and proximity to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Columbus.
Like anywhere else, Stark County is no stranger to car accidents, but some of the recent car accident statistics may surprise you. If you’ve been injured in a Stark County car accident, call an experienced Canton personal injury lawyer with Kisling, Nestico & Redick. We can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Fatal Car Crashes in Stark County
According to data from the Ohio Department of Public Safety, there have been four fatal Stark County accidents in 2019 so far. 39 fatal crashes occurred in 2018, and 27 took place in 2017. It’s concerning that the number of accidents in 2018 increased by 12 from 2017.
While 20 of the 2018 fatal crashes arose in rural areas, 19 were seen in urban settings. Of the 39 fatal crashes in 2018, 11 had to do with drinking and driving, seven were commercial related, and five involved motorcycles.
Recent Car Accidents in Stark County
Car accidents happen all over Stark County, on both highways and roads.
Some of the recent crashes in the area include:
In January 2019, a wrong-way driver in Canton injured two children and a mother. The driver was traveling westbound in the eastbound lane on U.S. 62 between Market and Cleveland Ave and hit a car with a woman and two children inside. It is believed that alcohol played a role in this crash.
A teenager was pronounced dead at the scene of a Massillon car crash in November 2018. She was driving south on Route 21 when she lost control of her car, and her vehicle smashed into a truck that was traveling north.
A man lost his life in a crash in Lake Township that occurred in August 2018. He drove his car into the path of a four-axle truck at the intersection of Middlebranch Avenue and State Street.
What to Do After a Stark County Car Crash
After a Stark County car crash, it’s typical to feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. However, it’s important to think clearly and take the following steps after a car accident to protect yourself.
- Call the police: If the police have not yet arrived at the scene, inform them of the crash so they can file a crash report, which can be used as evidence down the road.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the vehicles involved in the crash as well as any injuries you may have sustained.
- Collect contact information: Ask all drivers in the accident for their name, phone number, and insurance details. Gather the contact information of witnesses as well.
- Visit the doctor: Even if you think you’re okay, seek medical attention. Your injury may appear days or even weeks after the crash.
- Contact a car accident lawyer: A highly skilled Ohio car accident lawyer can help you determine liability and ensure you recover the fair and full compensation you may be entitled to.
Injured in a Stark County Car Accident? Call KNR
If you’ve sustained an injury in a car crash that occurred in Stark County, call a car accident lawyer with KNR right away. With decades of experience and track record for getting injury victims what they need and deserve, we’ll investigate your case and ensure your rights are protected. Let us handle the forms, the insurance company, and making sure you are compensated, so you can focus on getting well.
If you’ve been in a car accident in Canton or Stark County call (330) 488-1234 today or submit a request online for a free consultation. We handle cases on a contingency fees basis, so we won’t be paid unless you recover compensation.