If you’ve been the victim of a faulty product, reach out to KNR today. We’ll explain the law and what you may be entitled to. Free Consults.
We are proud to announce The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education.
KNR has a long tradition of public service in Ohio. From charitable donations to our volunteer work, Team KNR is proud to give back and ready to help.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named three of our attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists in 2022.
See how our case results have helped clients rebuild their lives.
Legal Help for the Injured.
Product Liability Lawyers in Ohio
What happens when a product is broken or defective in a way that causes an injury or death? When a product leaves the factory or is sold in a condition that is dangerous to a user and you end up being harmed, you may have a claim for compensation through a product liability case.
If you or a loved one has been injured because by a defective product, call the Ohio product liability lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick at 1-800-HURT-NOW to learn how we can help you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. We offer a free consultation so that you can discuss your case at no financial risk to you.
A Clear Approach to Ohio Product Liability Law
At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, our lawyers understand the complexities of defective product cases and the severe injuries that may result. Fortunately, the law gives you the option to pursue a civil product liability lawsuit or claim to recover compensation for your losses and hold the right parties accountable.
With a long history of fighting for injured Ohioans, we can help you understand your rights and successfully guide you if you or a loved one are hurt by a defective product.
At KNR, we ask, “what more can we do?”
- 30 + Attorneys– Over 5 centuries of legal experience.
- 12 Ohio Offices – KNR is Ohio-wide & eager to help.
- 100+ Staff– KNR prides itself on being available.
- 10,000 + Clients & Millions Recovered – We get results. You get to move on.
- Zero Risk – Your job is to heal. We handle everything else.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability is a field of law that has evolved over the last several decades based on the general principle that products should be reasonably safe for those who use them when they are used as intended.
When a product is unsafe because of a defect, product liability law says that a user may be able to obtain compensation for injuries and other losses from the person or company responsible.
A product doesn’t necessarily have to be broken to be defective. The term “defect” can mean a few different things under Ohio product liability law.
This type of defect involves a product that is designed in a way that makes it dangerous to users, even when they use the product as intended and with care for their own safety and when the product was manufactured properly. A gas tank in a passenger car that is designed to make it prone to exploding in an impact could be an example of a design defect.
A manufacturing defect, as the name implies, is a defect that happens in the manufacturing process. The product is designed in a way that should mean it’s safe to use, but the product comes out of the factory with a part missing or perhaps made with substandard materials. A child’s toy that is missing a screw that allows the toy to break and injury the child could be an example of a manufacturing defect.
Some products are dangerous by their very nature, even when designed, manufactured, and used appropriately. When a manufacturer or seller knows that a product may be dangerous to use, or knows that consumers may use the product in unintended and dangerous ways, they have an obligation to include a warning, such as a label on an electric appliance that warns not to use it in water. When no warning is provided, that may be considered a warning defect.
KNR Can Help Identify the Cause
Pinpointing the cause of an injury and the nature of a product’s defect can be complicated. For that reason, cases involving defective products should be handled by experienced and skilled Ohio product liability lawyers, such as our attorneys at Kisling, Nestico & Redick.
Our attorneys have extensive experience investigating and pursuing defective product claims and helping injured people to obtain fair compensation for their injuries.
Who Can I Sue for a Defective Product?
Any party in a defective product’s distribution chain may be liable for your injuries. These parties include:
- Product manufacturer
- Manufacturer of component parts
- Assembler or installer
- Retailer who sold the product
Keep in mind that to sue for injuries caused by a defective product, you must have suffered an injury, prove that a product featured a defect, show that your injury was the direct result of the product defect, and demonstrate that you were using the product in the way it was intended to be used.
We Handle ALL Types of Defective Product Cases
Cases involving defective products can involve detailed technical information and complex legal principles. Some of the most common defective product cases stem from:
We can explain the process for how products become subject to safety recalls and what it might mean for your case if a product that injured you was recalled.
When automobiles or auto parts are defective in some way, whether it’s an exploding fuel tank or an air bag that fails to deploy in a crash, serious injuries may be the result. Our attorneys can help hold an automobile or parts manufacturer accountable when a defect causes you harm.
Defective Household Products
Many household products contain hidden dangers, especially if they’re defective. You may be exposed to harmful chemicals, fire hazards, sharp edges, or other dangers when a household product is defective. Our attorneys can discuss your options for a claim involving a defective household product.
It can be tragic when a child is injured by a defective toy, clothing, car seat, or other type of product. We can help your family pursue justice for injuries caused by defective children’s products.
Defective Machinery and Equipment
Machinery designed for industrial, agricultural, construction, or other business use can be heavy and complicated. When machinery is defective, injuries can be severe. We can help hold the designer or manufacturer accountable for injuries caused by defective machinery and equipment.
Examples of Defective Products
Virtually any product on the market can be defective. Some examples of defective products include:
- Children’s toys, clothing, or car seats- As a parent, you trust that the products you purchase for your child are safe. However, this is not always the case, as defective children’s toys, clothing, car seats, and other products do make their way onto the market, posing serious harm to your child.
- Cosmetics- A cosmetic product may be a part of your daily routine and help you look and feel your best. Unfortunately, you may use a defective cosmetic product that causes an allergic reaction, infection, a dermatological condition, or another injury.
- Food products- If you consume a food product that is contaminated, features a foreign object, or causes a food-borne illness, it was likely defective.
- Household appliances- Refrigerators, ovens, toasters, washers, dryers, and microwaves are all examples of household appliances that may be defective and hurt you or your family members.
- Medications and medical devices- Rather than improving a health condition, faulty medications and medical devices can worsen it.
- Machinery or equipment- The machinery and equipment that is used at construction sites is very powerful, meaning any defects in forklifts, cranes, bulldozers, or other types equipment can lead to life-threatening injuries or death.
- Electrical wiring- Defective electrical wiring in hand-held tools, toys, and other products does occur, leading to serious injuries for millions of people every year.
Our Product Liability Lawyers Are Close By.
Our statewide practice is designed to make going through a defective product lawsuit in Ohio more convenient and accessible. With 12 Ohio locations, KNR is a call or click away.
KNR also serves Ohio’s rural counties & conducts consultations via Zoom.
What to Do If You’re Injured by a Defective Product?
After you’ve been injured by a defective product, there are several steps you should take in order to hold the responsible party accountable and to file a successful product liability case.
- Stop using the product, but save it.
- Visit the doctor to receive treatment for your injury and let them know about how the product contributed to it.
- Gather the packaging, manuals, and other materials that came with the product.
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses that saw the product hurt you.
- Contact a product liability attorney.
Fight for Everything You’re Owed.
Defective Product: Damages & Compensation
You shouldn’t be forced to bear the financial cost of someone’s reckless or negligent behavior, especially large businesses that put dangerous products on store shelves or failed to act in favor of profits .
What Are You Entitled To?
Compensation for a defective product injury will vary considerably based on the injuries involved and the overall harm is done. Defective product cases are typically resolved through a settlement or court award, but you may be entitled to compensation for your:
- Medical costs and hospital bills
- Loss of income
- Disability or physical impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
If a defective product caused a loved one’s untimely death, a family may also be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. And while there is no standard way to calculate defective product settlement or verdict, a lawyer can help you understand the best way to proceed.
What Makes KNR Special?
Our Team Does More for Defective Product Victims
Cases involving defective products can involve detailed technical information and complex legal principles. If you’ve been injured by a defective product, you likely have numerous questions about what to do next. Our attorneys can offer insight into defective product cases and is committed to advocating for your interests.
Our Legal Team Will
- Investigate, collect evidence, and find those at fault.
- Interview witnesses, medical professionals, and experts.
- Communicate with the insurer, clarify liability, and pursue max compensation.
- Determine the full and fair value of what you lost and deserve.
- Keep you informed and involved. KNR is available by phone, text, email, or Zoom.
- Protect your rights and, if necessary, take your case to court.
- Never charge you upfront. If there’s no recovery, there’s no cost.
At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, our talented attorneys have significant experience representing people who have been injured by defective products. We have the resources to take on product manufacturers, retailers, or other corporations that may bear responsibility and are dedicated to holding reckless companies and individuals accountable.
Defective Product: Related Reading
- Why Are There Product Liability Lawsuits Against E-Cigarette Makers?
- Could Your Child’s Car Seat Cause Personal Injury?
Expect More from Your Lawyer.
Injured by a Defective Product? Call KNR.
Our Ohio attorneys want you to keep more of the compensation you’re entitled to, so you can move on after a product injury without the pain of uncertainty. At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, we will use every available resource, so you recover physically, financially, and with more than us.