Belmont County Personal Injury Attorney and Car Accident Lawyer | Kisling, Nestico & Redick
Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC Hurt in a Car? Call KNR.

When someone’s reckless or negligent action harms you or a loved one in Belmont County, Ohio, you could be entitled to compensation.

You should not suffer financially in addition to your physical and emotional injuries. A personal injury and car accident attorney can help you understand your legal options and pursue compensation on your behalf.

Kisling, Nestico, and Redick has helped more than 10,000 clients recover damages after a personal injury or accident caused them economic and emotional losses. We’ve obtained multi-million dollar judgments and settlements, allowing injured people and survivors to move forward with their lives.

We can also connect you to valuable resources, including medical care, auto shops, tow trucks, and more.

Call us today for a free consultation or use our convenient contact form, and we’ll reach out to you. We only get paid when you recover compensation.

Personal Injuries in Belmont County, Ohio

Personal injuries are any accident, injury, or illness that causes you physical or emotional suffering. Under Ohio law, you have the right to seek compensation from the liable party for medical bills, property damage, lost pay, and other losses.

Common personal injury accidents we handle:

The Benefits of an Attorney

Belmont County is the oldest county in Ohio. Whether you live in the village of Belmont, Martins Ferry, St. Clairsville, Barnesville, or nearby, you’ll enjoy better control over your case with the help of an attorney.

You could recover more substantial compensation when you have an attorney represent you. There are other benefits to hiring a personal injury lawyer with our firm.

We Identify the At-Fault Party

An attorney examines your case to determine who is at fault because that party should pay for your injuries and damages. A personal injury attorney serving Belmont County gathers evidence of liability. We also collect documentation of your injuries from your doctor or healthcare provider.

We Assign a Value to Your Damages

A personal injury lawyer takes into consideration your current and anticipated losses, such as ongoing medical care. Our goal is to secure the maximum possible compensation.

We Negotiate a Settlement

A Kisling, Nestico, and Redick attorney handles filing, managing, and negotiating with the insurance company. We are often successful in securing substantial settlements. If the insurance company doesn’t negotiate fairly, we can file a personal injury lawsuit to collect damages.

We Connect You with Local Resources

We have 12 locations conveniently located throughout Ohio. We make it easier for you to find medical care, temporary transportation, body shops, and other resources you might need after an accident or injury.

Belmont County, OH Resources for the Injured

KNR has earned a reputation as one of Ohio’s leading personal injury firms. We provide the highest level of client service because we understand how your life is affected by an injury or accident.

The last thing you need when you’re injured is to track down reliable services and providers. Here are Belmont County resources that may help if you or a loved one were hurt in an injury or accident.

Hospitals & Urgent Care Centers

Sometimes shock and adrenaline can mask a severe injury. We always recommend that you seek medical care as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as a concussion or internal bleeding, might not be apparent but can quickly become life-threatening if untreated.

East Ohio Regional Hospital

Barnesville Hospital (Part of the University of West Virginia Health System)

Harrison Community Hospital (Part of the University of West Virginia Health System)

Marietta Memorial Hospital

Doctors Urgent Care


You may have injuries that aren’t visible on an X-ray. Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries are painful. A chiropractor may offer pain relief through holistic methods, including gentle manipulation of the affected area.

Common Questions for the Injured

You might not know where to turn for answers after an injury or accident. Our personal injury attorneys at Kisling, Nestico, and Redick are ready to help guide you through the process of seeking compensation.

What is the deadline to file a civil lawsuit?

Ohio has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. There is a one-year deadline for medical malpractice cases, although there are exceptions. Most civil lawsuits begin with a disputed insurance claim. Some personal injury cases go to court when settlement negotiations break down.

We suggest that you contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can to give yourself enough time to seek compensation through insurance or legal action, if necessary.

Should I admit to some responsibility for the accident?

We strongly suggest that you do not admit to fault, because the insurance company uses this information to pay you less than you deserve. An injury attorney can communicate with the insurer on your behalf. This helps you avoid any unintentional statements or remarks that could jeopardize potential compensation.

What type of proof do I need to show liability?

Depending on the type of personal injury you suffered, proof might include:

  • Accident report
  • Police report
  • Witness testimony
  • Cell phone pictures or videos of the accident scene, property damage, and your injuries
  • Closed-circuit security footage

It’s crucial to collect evidence quickly before it can be removed or repaired.

Should I go to the hospital?

While your injuries might not be severe enough to warrant a trip by ambulance to the nearest emergency department, you could still be injured. It is in your best personal interest to see a doctor or healthcare professional after an injury or accident.

Medical Documentation

Documentation is another reason why you should seek medical care right away. Insurance companies are naturally reluctant to pay claims. If you delay seeking medical care, the insurer might have reason to question the validity of your injuries.

Always follow your practitioner’s instructions for wound care, prescriptions, and other treatment. This is for your best health and to avoid jeopardizing a settlement.

Belmont County, OH Car Accident Resources

According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, there were 1,210 car accidents reported in 2020, including five fatal crashes.

Also, in 2020, the OSHP enforced:

  • 257 Operating Vehicle Impaired (OVI) citations
  • 567 seat belt citations
  • 237 driving with a suspended license citations

Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Belmont County, OH

Source: Ohio State Highway Patrol

Here are Belmont County resources that you might find helpful after a car accident.

Tow Trucks

Your damaged car might not be safe to drive. These local towing services will safely transport your vehicle for you.

Stonebraker’s Garage

Bill’s Towing & Recovery

Little E’s Towing

Body Shops

Here are several options for reputable auto shops in and around Belmont County.

Whiteside Body Shop & Collision Center

Chirp’s Auto Repair

Ross Automotive & Collision

Car Rentals

You might need to rent a car when your vehicle is in the shop. We’ve compiled a list of car rental places for your convenience.

Enterprise St. Clairsville Car Rental

Cambridge Rent a Car

Thrifty Steubenville Car Rental

Police Departments

A police accident report can be excellent documentation for your insurance claim. Here are some of the local law enforcement agencies in Belmont County.

Belmont County Sheriff

City of St. Clairsville Police Department

Bridgeport Police Department

Ohio State Highway Patrol

Crash Reports

A crash report by the reporting officer can be a valuable document for proving liability. If the Ohio State Patrol investigated your accident, you can search and download a crash report here. If another law enforcement agency responded, you should reach out to them directly.

Common Car Accident Questions

What if an uninsured driver hits me?

Despite a state requirement that Ohio drivers must carry insurance, some people do not. Your auto insurance could cover your medical bills and other expenses. A car accident lawyer can review your policy to determine if you have uninsured motorist protection.

If you don’t carry uninsured driver insurance, you could pursue compensation by suing the at-fault driver.

Should I Hire a Lawyer?

Our attorneys at Kisling, Nestico, and Redick have a combined 500 years of experience in civil law and litigation. We have unique insight into the insurance industry and are often successful in recovering substantial settlements. Our firm has the resources to fully protect and exert your rights when someone’s carelessness harms you or a loved one.

What is negligence?

Negligence is failing to take the same actions that a reasonable person in a similar situation would make. When someone fails to uphold their duty of care, they should be held accountable for the pain and suffering they cause.

Examples of negligence that cause car accidents:

  • Running a red light
  • Drunk driving
  • Speeding
  • Failure to yield

What if I cannot work while I’m recovering from my injuries?

An attorney can seek compensation for lost pay and reduced earning ability due to your injuries. Most people underestimate their financial losses after a car accident, including lost wages. An attorney can take a thorough, objective look at your situation and seek appropriate compensation.

Why should I hire Kisling, Nestico, and Redick?

Our car accident attorneys have earned a reputation as effective legal advocates for people injured through no fault of their own. We vigorously pursue compensation and justice from all liable parties. You pay nothing unless you recover compensation.

Call Today for a Free Consultation

Were you hurt in an accident in St. Clairsville or another town in Belmont County, OH? Call our experienced personal injury and car accident lawyers at Kisling, Nestico, and Redick. Call today for a free consultation or use our convenient contact form, and we’ll reach out to you. We only get paid when you recover compensation.