While you have every right to handle your personal injury claim yourself, you will run into numerous, unnecessary obstacles this way. You will have to constantly work to learn what your rights are and how to protect them. You will have to handle complicated insurance and legal procedures for the first time and put up with insurance adjusters and attorneys who may try to push you around. No matter your education, experience, or background, a personal injury claim is something new. You have enough to worry about already and deserve to have someone to guide you through this process and fight for you.
To learn more about how the legal team of Kisling, Nestico & Redick can help you recover the highest possible compensation for your injuries, call us at 1-800-HURT-NOW.
The Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
There are a number of advantages to having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side when moving forward with an injury claim, including:
- Firsthand legal knowledge: By hiring a personal injury lawyer, you avoid having to try and learn the law yourself. Get someone on your side who knows the ins and outs of personal injury law in your state through education, training, and firsthand experience. This saves you time and energy when you need to know about your rights as soon as possible after an accident.
- Investigative experience: When you have been hurt in an accident, the other side’s insurance company or lawyer will investigate what happened. You should not rely on their findings and conclusions. Instead, by hiring a personal injury attorney, you have someone who will conduct an independent investigation with your best interests in mind. This can help you find evidence of the other person’s negligence and help you support your claim for compensation.
- Insurance claim experience: Dealing with insurers is not always easy or straightforward. When you have filed a claim against another person’s insurance policy, that insurer is looking for ways to deny the claim or offer you as little money as possible. It is a business after all, and it is looking after its own bottom line. If you do not have previous insurance claim experience, it can be difficult to understand your rights, stand your ground, and negotiation a better outcome. A personal injury attorney, however, works with insurers all the time and knows how to handle their specific red tape, adjusters, and legal teams.
- Procedural and local court experience: If your personal injury claim needs to move beyond an insurance claim and into a lawsuit, you need someone experienced with the legal process by your side. Filing a lawsuit in court and moving forward with a trial requires compliance with specific procedural rules. Not following these rules could tack on unnecessary delays to your case and cost you money. Additionally, by hiring a local personal injury attorney, you get someone who has been in and out of the courtroom before and knows what to expect.
- An objective opinion: After being injured by someone’s carelessness, recklessness, or intentional wrongful action, it is near impossible to remain objective. Depending on the day, you are probably angry, sad, or embarrassed. When you suffer serious or catastrophic injuries, you are forced to go through a grieving process that can lead to depression and anxiety. Having a personal injury attorney during this time is crucial to enable you to see the situation as objectively as possible and keep your expectations in line with what is possible.
- Not intimidated by other lawyers: One of the issues that can hold you back when you attempt to handle your own personal injury claim is that it is easy to become intimidated by aggressive and even rude attorneys. Lawyers for the insurance company or at-fault party are looking out for their client’s best interests, not yours. They may not play nice. By hiring your own attorney, you have someone who is ready to fight back and will not be intimidated by legal jargon, pushy tactics, or hostility.
- A greater likelihood of obtaining maximum compensation: The truth is that individuals who work with personal injury attorneys generally obtain a higher settlement or jury award than people who represent themselves after an accident. It is not a hard and fast rule, but attorneys know how to calculate your economic and non-economic damages, ensuring you do not miss your less obvious expenses. Personal injury attorneys are also experienced in negotiations, so they are prepared to not accept the first offer and fight for a higher insurance settlement. If you choose to move forward with a trial, then an attorney understands how to frame your injuries in court so that the judge and jury understand the accidents profound impact on your life and compensate you accordingly.
Contact Our Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Once you decide that you need a skilled personal injury attorney, next comes the process of finding the firm and lawyer who is right for you. This does not have to be a stressful process. At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, we offer free initial consultations so that we can get to know each other, learn about your case, and answer your questions. During this first appointment, you will meet with a personal injury attorney and have the opportunity to learn about their background, experience, and fees.
We understand that an unexpected accident can alter the entire course of your life. We are ready to take on investigating your accident, handling the insurance claims process, and if necessary, represent you in court. Our objective will always be to gain you the most compensation possible for your injuries.
It only takes one call to find out if we are the firm for you. Call Kisling, Nestico & Redick today at 1-800-HURT-NOW or use our online contact form to schedule your free consultation right away.