Highway Car Accidents in Cleveland are on the RiseJan 06, 2020 Car Accidents Legal Blog Ohio Personal Injury
Posted by: Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC
Cleveland and Cuyahoga County are home to numerous interstates and highways. These roadways see millions of motor vehicles every month, and unfortunately, there are accidents every day.
At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, our attorneys have represented countless victims of highway car accidents in Cleveland. We understand how complex the details can be, and how vital it is for you to recover compensation. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Cleveland highway crash, do not delay in seeking legal help.
A skilled attorney can help you and your family navigate the legal and insurance processes that follow a serious car accident. To speak with an experienced Cleveland car accident lawyer today, call Kisling, Nestico & Redick at (216) 658-1330.
Consultations are free and there is no cost unless you recover compensation.
Cleveland Highway Accidents are Increasing
The Ohio State Highway Patrol reports that road fatalities in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County increased in 2019 when compared to 2018. There are many factors that can cause such an increase on county roads or interstates. Perhaps maintenance has fallen behind at particularly dangerous spots, or maybe bad weather struck on especially busy driving days.
Cleveland interstates see the most drivers as well as the most accidents in the state. These wrecks can involve high speeds and numerous vehicles.
Common causes of serious highway accidents
- Truck accidents – Thousands of large semi-trucks pass through Cleveland every day, and drivers are sometimes overworked or improperly trained. Trucks often hit passenger cars when changing lanes or using highway access ramps.
- Reckless driving accidents – Many drivers fail to recognize the speed limits on interstates or highways in the Cleveland area. Collisions can be caused by drivers who speed and swerve between lanes without regard to others.
- Intoxicated drivers – Drunk drivers kill thousands of people in Ohio every year, and many thousands more are left with serious injuries.
- Distracted drivers – A person must be completely focused to safely drive on any road or highway. Unfortunately, many drivers are distracted by their passengers, phones, or by eating as they drive.
The Most Dangerous Areas For Cleveland Highway Accidents
A terrible accident can happen anywhere, and many serious wrecks happen on small roads or rural highways. However, interstates in Cleveland are the scene of most collisions, and many have horrific results.
The most dangerous highways in the Cleveland area:
- I-90 – Interstate 90 traverses Cleveland from east to west, and millions of vehicles use it every month. Heavy traffic and confusing access ramps make I-90 especially dangerous near Lorain Ave as well as Eddy Road.
- I-77 – This interstate approaches downtown from the south, and accidents are common especially where it merges with I-90.
- I-271 – Interstate 271 goes through much of Cuyahoga County and is the site of many collisions. Serious car accidents are common in areas where many cars are attempting to make lane changes as they prepare to exit the highway.
Contact KNR After A Serious Highway Accident
Highway car accidents in the Cleveland area are on the rise, and they can have a tremendous impact on the victims involved. Your injuries might make even the most routine parts of life extremely difficult.
While you have the right to seek compensation from the negligent party, a personal injury case involving a highway car wreck is generally complex and hard-fought. The other party may not be very helpful, and their insurance company will use their resources to pay out as little as possible. The harm sustained can get worse if proper treatment is not sought, and Ohio’s statute of limitations law will not let you recover damages if you wait too long to act.
Do not delay in calling a skilled Ohio personal injury lawyer.
Kisling, Nestico & Redick has decades of experience helping highway accident victims and record of getting clients the results they deserve. Contact us to discuss your options.
Call our Cleveland office today at (216) 658-1330.