The aftermath of a motorcycle crash is devastating. If you’ve been injured while riding, the Toledo motorcycle accident lawyers with Kisling, Nestico & Redick are ready to protect your rights and help secure everything you need.
We are proud to announce The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education.
KNR has a long tradition of public service in Ohio. From charitable donations to our volunteer work, Team KNR is proud to give back and ready to help.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named three of our attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists in 2021.
See how our case results have helped clients rebuild their lives.
Motorcyclists are common on the streets and highways in Toledo – from Hopewell Heights to Glendale-Heatherdowns
Motorcycle accidents are unfortunately also prevalent because drivers often fail to notice riders until it’s too late. While many are fatal, the surviving victims are left to suffer serious injuries that impact them for years.
Do not hesitate to contact a local personal injury attorney in Toledo after being injured in one of these wrecks. You have the right to seek compensation from the negligent party.
The legal team at Kisling, Nestico & Redick has considerable experience and a record of success helping motorcycle accident victims. Our compassionate and knowledgeable lawyers understand what you are going through and how to help. To speak with our attorneys, call (419) 324-8205 for a free consultation.
There are no upfront costs, and you owe us nothing unless you recover compensation.
Motorcycle Accidents in Toledo, Ohio
There are over 400,000 motorcycles registered with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Unfortunately, the Ohio State Highway Patrol reported 144 motorcycle fatalities in 2018.
Recent motorcycle accidents in Toledo include:
- A collision entering an interstate – A husband and wife in Hancock County were in a collision with a car as their motorcycle accessed Interstate 75 via an on-ramp. The motorcycle passengers were ejected and killed.
- Crashing into a roadside object – A man diesd when he lost control and hit a pole on North Holland Sylvania Road in Toledo.
- An accident caused by an unsafe bike – A fatal wreck occurred in Wood County when a motorcycle wheel became detached from the vehicle.
Motorcycle Crashes Caused By Carelessness
The United States Department of Transportation reports a 100% rise in deadly motorcycle accidents over the last 15 years.
This is mainly because many drivers do not take the necessary steps to avoid hitting motorcyclists who are safely using the road. Our Toledo motorcycle accident lawyers have seen many collisions caused by negligent people:
- Making dangerous turns and lane changes – Drivers sometimes fail to observe their surroundings as they turn or change lanes. Not checking their “blind spots” can result in hitting a motorcycle.
- Speeding or Recklessly Passing – A driver who is speeding can suddenly find themselves approaching your motorcycle at an alarming rate. These accidents often catch everyone by surprise.
- Driving while Intoxicated – Drunk drivers cause hundreds of fatal car accidents in Ohio every year. A driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol can’t react in time to avoid colliding with you.
- Opening car doors recklessly – Opening a door when parked next to an adjacent road can put motorcycles in danger. These accidents injure more motorcycle and bike riders than you suspect.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that motorcycle riders are 27 times more likely to be killed in an accident than those in other vehicles.
Therefore.do not take your injuries lightly. Even physical damage that seems minor can get worse over the days and weeks that follow if not properly addressed. Our Toledo motorcycle accident attorneys have worked with many injury victims and their doctors. We understand how great an impact your injuries can have on every aspect of your life.
Motorcycles do not afford riders the same protection that a car provides. As the victim, you can be subjected to:
- Brain and nervous system damage – Damage to your head or spinal cord can result in brain injuries or problems with your body’s nervous system. This damage can impact your entire body, and it’s very difficult or impossible for this tissue to heal.
- Broken and fractured bones – Accident victims often sustain serious bone damage when they are hit or ejected from their motorcycles. In addition to being very painful, bone damage can severely impair your mobility.
- Damaged joints – People in a motorcycle accident often have knee, shoulder, or hip injuries. Broken bones or damaged tendons in your joints can require extended medical attention followed by physical therapy.
- Cuts and skin damage – A laceration or puncture wound can result in great blood loss and pain. Skin damage is also known as road rash and can take a long time to heal and will result in pain for many weeks.
- Organ damage – Puncture wounds or severe impacts can damage internal organs. Motorcycle wrecks often cause eye damage or even loss.
Medical Care for Motorcycle Injuries
Toledo is home to several leading health care facilities that can treat your injuries following a motorcycle crash. With considerable experience helping local injury victims, our Toledo lawyers will guide and assist you with documenting your medical care and the costs associated with your injuries.
We have strong relationships with the many excellent hospitals and trauma centers in Toledo, including:
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital
- Mercy Health – St. Anne Hospital
- Mercy Health Children’s Hospital
- Other local ERs
How A Lawyer Can Help
The motorcycle injury claim process can be complex, and you cannot wait too long for financial help. Many accident victims require extensive medical attention, and it can be difficult or impossible to return to work for a long time. You must contact a skilled Ohio motorcycle injury lawyer as soon as possible. We have years of experience negotiating with insurance companies on behalf of our clients. To secure an acceptable financial settlement, building a strong case is crucial.
Ohio’s statute of limitations also requires claims for personal injury to be filed within two years. Your lawyer will have to gather and review all relevant evidence. This includes witness statements, police reports, and accident reconstruction data.
Compensation for Motorcycle Injuries
We understand that every case is different, and the other parties involved may not be cooperative. If we cannot secure an acceptable financial settlement, we know how to recover compensation at trial. You can seek damages for the following after a motorcycle accident:
- Medical costs – Your injuries can require long term medical attention. You can seek compensation for your current bills as well as future surgeries and physical therapy.
- Lost wages – Many people hurt in a motorcycle accident cannot return to work for a long time. In addition to the wages that you have lost, you can pursue damages for future earnings lost due to your accident.
- Pain and suffering – Ohio law allows for accident victims to recover compensation for the suffering that they and their families have endured due to an accident caused by someone else.
- Wrongful death – Your family can seek damages if a close loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent person. This includes compensation for lost financial support and companionship.
Most people are not prepared to pay these costs upfront after a serious motorcycle accident. And, if another party caused your injury – you shouldn’t have to.
KNR has helped numerous Toledo motorcycle injury victims obtain what they need, whether through a lawsuit or insurance settlement. For instance, we reached a $250,000 settlement after a tractor-trailer collided with a client’s motorcycle on Hill Avenue in Toledo.
Contact Kisling, Nestico & Redick Today
Our skilled legal team at Kisling, Nestico & Redick can help you seek compensation for any injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident. We have 11 locations throughout Ohio and a long history of fighting for people like you. If you have questions, speak to an experienced Toledo motorcycle attorney today.
We will guide you through the claim, from filing paperwork to constructing an argument that will give your case the best possible chance of success.