A car accident can change your life. You may be in pain, unable to work, and require considerable medical care. The Toledo car accident lawyers at Kisling, Nestico & Redick know what you’re going through and how to secure the compensation you need.
We are proud to announce The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education.
KNR has a long tradition of public service in Ohio. From charitable donations to our volunteer work, Team KNR is proud to give back and ready to help.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named three of our attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists in 2021.
See how our case results have helped clients rebuild their lives.
Car accidents are common in Toledo – from Hopewell Heights to Glendale-Heatherdowns. While most are minor, thousands like you are badly hurt in Toledo car accidents at no fault of their own.
Many car accident victims cannot return to work for a long time and suffer serious, painful injuries. You have the right to seek compensation for the losses you experienced as a result. But, the legal system is complex, and people often feel overwhelmed.
Do not delay in contacting a skilled car accident law firm in your in your area. At KNR, our local experienced Toledo car accident lawyers have represented countless victims in situations like yours. With a record of success in car accident claims across Ohio, we understand what you are going through and our team is ready to help.
Call us today at (419) 324-8205 for a free consultation. There are no upfront costs and you owe us nothing unless you recover compensation.
Roads With The Most Car Accidents in Toledo
With busy roads like West Central Avenue, Monroe Street, North Summit, I-75, and I-475, hundreds of thousands of vehicles travel through Toledo and northwestern Ohio every day.
While most drivers are responsible, negligent drivers, unfortunately, cause serious wrecks on a daily basis. You can be suddenly caught off guard and injured while traveling on a large highway, city street, or rural road.
While many accidents happen on crowded interstates, devastating and even deadly collisions often happen in neighborhoods or on low traffic roads. The Ohio State Highway Patrol reports that there were 33 fatal traffic accidents in Lucas County in 2019. Additionally, hundreds of victims suffer from painful and even debilitating injuries.
While you can be hit by a reckless driver anywhere, some places see a higher percentage of accidents. Some of the most dangerous types of roadways in the Toledo area include:
- Interstate highways – Accidents are common on Interstates 75, 90, and 475 in Toledo. Some of the most dangerous areas are on-ramps where vehicles are transitioning between the interstates and slower-paced roads.
- Busy city streets – Serious and deadly accidents are common on crowded streets such as Dorr St, Monroe St, and Secor Rd. in Toledo. These streets have crowded intersections and the roadsides have many distractions for drivers.
- Access points for recreational or industrial zones – Many large trucks and other vehicles use small rural roads to access industrial areas or recreational spots. Accidents often happen near the Maumee River or Lake Erie where drivers can often lower their guard or easily be distracted.
What Causes Serious Car Accidents in Toledo?
Your accident can turn your life upside down. Many victims don’t know what happened, while others feel certain that they know the exact cause.
There are countless ways that a careless or reckless driver can hurt you or your loved ones on the road. It’s important to have a lawyer who understands how to investigate every detail of your accident.
While the other person’s negligence may seem obvious, a Toledo accident law firms will need to build a strong case to recover compensation. The car accident attorneys at Kisling, Nestico, & Redick have seen countless car accidents over the years.
Some of the most common causes of accidents in Toledo that we have seen include:
- Intoxicated drivers – A driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be able to react to certain events in time to prevent an accident. Drunk driving causes thousands of fatal car accidents in Ohio every year.
- Distracted drivers – A person behind the wheel can be distracted by their passengers, radio, or cell phone. A vehicle can travel hundreds of feet during the time its driver takes their eyes off the road.
- Unsafe vehicles – A car that is not roadworthy can cause a terrible wreck when something goes wrong. This can be due to a careless owner failing to perform necessary maintenance or a negligent company whose defective product makes a car unsafe.
- Road rage – Some drivers are unable to control their emotions when they are behind the wheel. This often results in overly aggressive driving that can easily cause a car accident.
- Exhausted drivers – A sleep-deprived driver can nod off for a moment and cause a collision. Truck drivers are often overworked and spend too many hours behind the wheel, and this results in many truck accidents in the Toledo area.
- Reckless driving – A person may not be able to avoid an accident if they are speeding or swerving in and out of lanes. A reckless driver can easily catch you off guard and cause a wreck even if you are attentive and careful.
What You Should Do After Being in a Toledo Car Accident
It’s common for people to be uncertain about what steps to take after an accident, especially when serious wrecks almost always catch people by surprise. Many people try to quickly figure out a solution with the other party. However, this is not advisable. We strongly encourage you to avoid accepting any compensation or agreement until you discuss your case with an experienced Ohio car accident attorney.
Knowing exactly what to do after a car accident can be difficult since every situation is unique. However, after years of experience working with accident victims, we strongly encourage you to do the following if you are in a bad wreck:
- Get to safety – The scene of your accident can be dangerous due to debris and passing vehicles. If possible, get yourself and others to safety before doing anything else.
- Call for emergency help – It’s important to call 911 if you or your passengers may be injured. Do not delay in addressing any physical harm you suffered.
- Call an experienced Toledo car accident lawyer – The legal process that follows a car accident is complex. A skilled lawyer will know how to help you through every step of your recovery.
- Write down details of the accident – Writing things down helps us remember details as weeks and months go by. Make a list of events and possible witnesses to your accident, and share this information with your lawyer.
- Take your ongoing treatment seriously – Follow up with your doctors after being hurt in an accident. Ask them how your life may be affected due to the injuries you sustained in your car wreck.
Medical Care after a Toledo Car Accident
Toledo is home to a number of leading health care facilities that can treat your injuries following a car crash. With considerable experience helping local injury victims, our Toledo lawyers will guide and assist you with documenting your medical care and the costs associated with your injuries.
We have strong relationships with the many excellent hospitals and trauma centers in Toledo, including:
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital
- Mercy Health – St. Anne Hospital
- Mercy Health Children’s Hospital
- Other local ERs
How a Lawyer Near You Helps After a Car Accident
The insurance companies involved will be working hard to pay you as little as possible. Many people suffer terrible harm due to someone else’s negligence, and then find out that their own insurance provider is offering very little assistance.
You need a legal team who understands your needs, and who knows how to build a strong case for your recovery. Any car accident case can be very complex. For example, both state and federal laws can come into play if your accident involves certain vehicles such as a commercial truck.
Our Toledo car accident lawyers can help you recover:
- Medical bills – Accident victims frequently show up at Toledo hospitals with injuries that will require weeks or months of treatment. You have the right to recover damages for future doctors’ visits, operations, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages – You might not be able to return to work for a long time after your accident. A skilled lawyer will be able to help you recover compensation for lost current lost earnings as well as lost future earning potential because of the accident.
- Pain and suffering – Your accident can cause great physical pain, and the many resulting effects can cause you and your family to suffer greatly. While a dollar amount may seem difficult to quantify, you have the right to seek financial damages for these things.
- Medical and mobility equipment – You may need special equipment in order to physically heal or go about your daily routine at home or work. It’s possible to recover funds in order to pay for these expensive needs.
Most people are not prepared to pay these costs upfront after a car accident. And, if another party caused your injury – you shouldn’t have to.
KNR has helped numerous Toledo accident victims obtain what they need, whether through a lawsuit or insurance settlement. For instance, we reached a $500,000 settlement after a client suffered multiple injuries ina Lucas County car wreck.
Contact Car Accident Lawyers Kisling, Nestico, & Redick Today
Car accidents injuries can last for years or even life. Do not delay in contacting a knowledgeable lawyer as soon as possible. Our Toledo car accident lawyers understand how to make a strong case for your financial recovery. In addition, Ohio’s statute of limitations law requires a claim to be filed within two years of the injury. While there may be exceptions that apply to your case, it’s possible that your claim will be dismissed if you wait too long. Therefore, we encourage you to call our office today.
The team at Kisling, Nestico & Redick have helped many families who have been affected by an accident caused by someone else. Contact our office in Toledo to speak with and experienced lawyer about your legal options going forward.
Call us today at (419) 324-8205