Dangerous products and devices devastate thousands every year. If you are among them, you are not alone, and you be able to hold negligent companies responsible by joining forces with other victims. Free Consults.
We are proud to announce The Robert Redick Memorial Scholarship which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education.
KNR has a long tradition of public service in Ohio. From charitable donations to our volunteer work, Team KNR is proud to give back and ready to help.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named three of our attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists in 2022.
See how our case results have helped clients rebuild their lives.
Legal Help for the Injured.
Class Action Lawyers in Ohio
Holding large companies accountable can be intimidating. But the law, fortunately, allows people in similar circumstances the opportunity to level the playing field by banding together in either a class action or mass tort.
A Better Approach to Ohio Class Actions
At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, our Ohio personal injury lawyers represent individuals, groups, and classes of all sizes to get the compensation they deserve.
With more than 500 years of combined experience and a long history of fighting for injured Ohioans, we can help you understand your rights and successfully guide you through a class action or mass tort claim.
At KNR, we ask, “what more can we do?”
- 30 + Attorneys– Over 5 centuries of legal experience.
- 12 Ohio Offices – KNR is Ohio-wide & eager to help.
- 100+ Staff– KNR prides itself on being available.
- 10,000 + Clients & Millions Recovered – We get results. You get to move on.
- Zero Risk – Your job is to heal. We handle everything else.
Considering a Class Action? Call KNR.
When a group of people is harmed in similar circumstances or injured by the same product, they may combine their legal efforts in one of two ways: a class action or mass tort claim. While there are important differences, the main benefits of pursuing either are to lower costs, pool resources, and pursue larger financial recoveries.
We Handle ALL Types of Mass Torts & Class Actions
Our attorneys are veteran trial lawyers and have handled mass torts and class actions across Ohio, Our team will thoroughly explain your legal options if you suspect your claim is eligible and can assist with all aspects of your claim or lawsuit.
If you or a loved one were hurt in any of the following or some other class action, we can explain your eligibility and how to secure max compensation.
Some of the current class action & mass tort cases we’re handling include:
- The high blood pressure drug Valsartan
- Asbestos-related cancer and diseases
- E-cigrettes & Juul pods
- 3m Ear Plugs
- Exactech Knee and Ankle Implants
- The heatburn drug Ranitidine or Zantac
- The Weight Loss Drug Belviq
- Wright Profemur hip implants
- Hernia mesh
Ohio Class Actions
Class action lawsuits are brought on by a group of people who have been harmed by the same company, product, person, or other entity. They are an effective way to manage complex litigation involving many individuals and give a case strength in numbers.
Types of Class Actions
- Employment Class Actions – These types of lawsuits are typically brought on by a group of employees because of an issue such as discrimination, a dangerous workplace, and unpaid overtime.
- Consumer Class Actions – Consumer class action lawsuits are started by consumers who were hurt by the illegal practices of a company that developed and sold malfunctioning or defective products.
- Product Liability Class Actions – When a manufacturer breaks their duty to provide the public with products that are free of hazards and these products hurt any number of people, product liability class action lawsuits may arise.
- Pharmaceutical Class Actions – Pharmaceutical class actions involve the incorrect use of medications or medical devices – some with serious side effects – that lead to serious injuries and some cases, death.
Is Your Case a Class Action?
If you are one of a group of people who have been hurt by a company, product, person, or other entity, you may be able to file a class action.
To determine if your case qualifies, you should reach out to one of our attorneys. They can evaluate your case and let you know if it meets these requirements.
- Numerosity- A significant number of plaintiffs are part of your case.
- Commonality- There is an issue of law or fact that is common among all class members.
- Typicality- The claims of the class representatives reflect the claims of the other class members.
- Adequacy- The class representatives are protecting the interest of the class as a whole.
The Advantages of a Class Action
- Consolidated resources – One of the greatest advantages of a class action lawsuit is that it requires less lawyers, investigators, copies of documents, and other resources than would be necessary if every individual filed lawsuits separately.
- Cost savings – Consolidating resources reduces the cost of litigation. By merging the costs among plaintiffs, one plaintiff does not have to be left with a significant financial burden.
- A streamlined process – Rather than requiring witnesses to attend multiple depositions and produce the same testimony multiple times, a class action lawsuit allows everything to be carried out at once on behalf of each plaintiff.
- Judgement consistency – There may be conflicting rulings when the same issues are litigated several times in different courts. That being said, class actions lawsuits create consistency in judgments.
- A fair distribution of damages – With a class action lawsuit, all plaintiffs can receive a fair distribution of damages. There are no issues with the potential of a defendant’s financial resources being unfairly distributed on a first-come, first serve basis.
The 5 Phases of a Class Action
A typical class action lawsuit goes through:
- Certification- If a case qualifies as a class action lawsuit, it will receive certification.
- Defining the class- Once a case receives certification, a judge will define the characteristics of the class.
- Notification- Next, the judge will order that all plaintiffs be notified of the class action. They may be notified by mail, advertisements, and/or television commercials.
- Opting out- Plaintiffs who prefer to file their own lawsuit will be informed that they have the right to opt out of the class action.
- Selecting counsel- The judge will then select a counsel for the plaintiffs. They will make sure the counsel has experience with class action lawsuits and can represent the class in a fair manner.
- Distribution of damages- Lastly, the judge will work with the plaintiffs’ attorney to design a plan for distributing monetary damages to the plaintiffs.
Ohio Mass Tort Claims
In a mass tort claim, one attorney or a group of attorneys can represent numerous people who were injured by a particular product, like a dangerous drug or defective medical device.
However, each person retains his or her own individual claim rather than becoming part of a single claim as in a class action.
The Benefits of a Mass Tort
Mass torts allow you to be represented as an individual and pursue your own case but also pool resources with other attorneys and plaintiffs handling similar claims.
This makes litigation more efficient and cost-effective because you retain the ability to come to an individual settlement or verdict that you don’t have to divide among other plaintiffs.
Mass Torts Involving Drugs & Medical Products
Mass torts are frequently used in cases involving dangerous medications or faulty medical devices. For example, you may have taken a prescribed drug for years, only to discover years later that it causes heart problems.
Additionally, poorly designed, manufactured, tested, and labeled devices can contribute to significant pain and loss. What makes the situation even worse is when these items are used nationwide. The effects can be widespread and affect thousands, or even millions, of people.
Our Ohio Lawyers Are Here to Help.
Our statewide practice is designed to make going through a mass tort claim or class action lawsuit in Ohio more convenient and accessible. With 12 Ohio locations, KNR is a call or click away.
KNR also serves Ohio’s rural counties & conducts consultations via Zoom.
Fight for Everything You’re Owed.
Class Action Compensation
You shouldn’t be forced to bear the financial cost of someone’s reckless or negligent behavior, especially large businesses who failed to act in favor of profits.
What Are You Entitled To?
Compensation in a class action claim varies considerably based on the injuries involved and the overall harm is done. These cases are typically resolved through a settlement or court award, but a mass tort or class action should allow you to recover compensation for:
- Medical costs and hospital bills
- Loss of income
- Disability or physical impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
There is no standard way to calculate a class action settlement or verdict, but a lawyer can help you understand what you may be entitled to and the best way to go about pursuing compensation.
What Makes KNR Special?
At KNR Our Class Action Lawyers Do More
Mass torts and class actions allow injured people to pursue the compensation they need from companies with large teams of attorneys. At KNR, our legal team is just as dedicated to protecting your interests.
Our Legal Team Will
- Investigate, collect evidence, and find those at fault.
- Interview witnesses, medical professionals, and experts.
- Communicate with the insurer, clarify liability, and pursue max compensation.
- Determine the full and fair value of what you lost and deserve.
- Keep you informed and involved. KNR is available by phone, text, email, or Zoom.
- Protect your rights and, if necessary, take your case to court.
- Never charge you upfront. If there’s no recovery, there’s no cost.
Class Action & Mass Tort: Related Reading
- 5 FAQs About Class Actions Lawsuits in Ohio
- How to Join a Class Action Lawsuit
- KNR Wins National Class-Action Lawsuit
Expect More from Your Lawyer.
Thinking About a Class Action? Call KNR.
Our Ohio attorneys want you to keep more of the compensation you’re entitled to, so you can move on without the pain of uncertainty. At Kisling, Nestico & Redick, we will use every available resource, so you recover physically, financially, and with more than us.