Benjamin P. Pfouts
attorney at law
Areas of Practice
Personal injury, torts, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, premises liability, worker’s compensation, consumer law, ERISA
Benjamin P. Pfouts has spent his entire career representing those who have been injured or wronged due to the careless and reckless actions of others. Typically, this means taking on insurance companies and other large corporations which, all too often, deny taking responsibility for the harm they cause.
Ben has tried many cases in various courts throughout northern and central Ohio. Many of the verdicts obtained by Ben have been more than double than what the insurance company was willing to offer as a settlement. Ben attributes this success to the unreasonable positions that insurance companies often take, the amount of work and time he devotes to each case, and taking the time to listen to his clients.
Ben has been selected as an Ohio Super Lawyer® Rising Star® and Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney Under 40 Years Old by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA).
When Ben isn’t working for his clients, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters.
- Ohio, 2008
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 2014
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2021
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio, J.D. – 2008
- Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, B.A. – 2005
Honors & Awards
- CALI award, 2006
- Distinguished Leader Award, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, 2010-present
- Ohio Association for Justice, 2010-present
- Ohio State Bar Association, 2008-present
Past Employment Positions
- Amourgis & Associates, Litigation Attorney, 2014-2022
- Chester Law Group, Litigation Attorney, 2008-2014
- “The Elusive ‘Robinson Number’ In an Age of Balance Billing,” Ohio Association for Justice Quarterly, October 2016