Posted by: Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC
Franklin County is home to beautiful neighborhoods, Metro Parks, and exciting attractions such as the Columbus Zoo, COSI, Columbus Museum of Art, and the Short North Arts District.
Also, the county is full of a variety of corporations that offer different types of goods and services. However, due to the significant number of businesses in the area, workplace injuries are a frequent occurrence. If you sustain a work injury in Franklin County, you should contact an experienced Franklin County personal injury lawyer at Kisling, Nestico & Redick.
Our Columbus work injury lawyers can help you file your workers’ compensation claim and help you pursue proper compensation for the injuries you have suffered. For a free, initial consultation, contact us at (614) 487-8669 today.
Popular Industries in Franklin County
Franklin County offers jobs for individuals with all types of educational backgrounds, skills, and professional experiences. Some of the most popular job industries in the area include:
- Automotive: There are many auto assembly and auto part plants in Franklin County due to the accessibility of glass, rubber, and steel. In fact, more than 700,000 vehicles are produced each year in the region.
- Fashion: The Limited Brands, a major retail brand that owns Victoria’s Secret, Pink, Bath & Body Works, La Senza, and Henri Bendel is headquartered in Franklin County. Therefore, there is a strong demand for employees in the fashion and retail industries.
- Finance & Insurance: The top sector of economic output in Franklin County comes from financial and insurance corporations. Nationwide, JPMorgan Chase, and State Farm are all located in this county.
- Manufacturing: More than 1,700 manufacturers employ over 85,000 individuals in Franklin County. There are always companies emerging with new goods for modern consumers.
- Technology: Dotx Technologies, Optimum Technology, Stafford Technology, and Care Works Tech are all situated in Franklin County. Organizations throughout the country and world depend on these corporations to assist them with their technology operations.
- Logistics: Franklin County is the ideal location for the movement of goods. There are over 4,400 logistics corporations which employ over 83,000 employees. Rickenbacker Inland Port is an example of a well-known logistics employer in the area.
Common Work-Related Injuries in Franklin County
There are many work-related injuries that frequently arise in Franklin County, such as:
- Slips, trips, and falls: Slips, trips, and falls are often the result of hazards that are not removed correctly or in time. This can include slippery floors or improperly placed objects.
- Muscle strains: Employees who regularly lift bulky items while on the job are particularly prone to muscle strains. Employee training on proper lifting techniques can easily prevent this from occurring.
- Cuts and lacerations: Poor training and failing to wear proper protection are all common causes of painful cuts and lacerations that occur at work.
- Exposure to loud noise: Exposure to loud noise at work can lead to hearing damage. Thus, creating and enforcing safety measures, such as wearing ear protection in noisy environments, are particularly important.
- Inhaling toxic fumes: Dust, gas, and vapor contaminate the air in some workplaces. Therefore, employers must provide employees with goggles, masks, and other apparel to help them avoid inhaling these toxic fumes.
Contact A Franklin County Personal Injury Lawyer at Kisling, Nestico & Redick
If you sustain an injury while on the job in Franklin County, you should reach out to a Franklin County personal injury lawyer at Kisling, Nestico & Redick today. For help determining your legal options, contact us at (614) 487-8669 for a no-cost consultation.