Posted by: Kisling, Nestico & Redick, LLC
Tucked away in the Hocking Hills area of Ohio, Vinton County is the least populous county in the state. Although it’s a small community, it features breathtaking wooded hills and scenery that make it the ideal place for outdoor recreation and relaxation. While Vinton County is a great small town, car accidents still arise, and the car accident statistics in Vinton County are cause for alarm.
If you’ve been injured in a Vinton County car crash, contact a highly skilled Ohio car accident lawyer at Kisling, Nestico & Redick right away. Call 1-800-HURT-NOW or submit a request online. We will review your case and may be able to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
We offer free initial consultations and don’t charge up-front fees. We are only paid when you recover compensation.
Details on Vinton County Car Crashes
According to data compiled by the Ohio Department of Public Safety, there were a total of 241 traffic accidents in Vinton County in 2017. The county ranks 77 out of the 88 counties in Ohio in accidents per capita. (the lower this number, the more accidents per capita.)
Some of the most common causes of these crashes are:
- Drunk driving: Unfortunately, some drivers decided to get behind the wheel while intoxicated rather than invest in Uber or call a friend. 5.8 percent of all accidents in Vinton County involved a driver who was under the influence of alcohol.
- Speeding: Speeding increases a driver’s risk of losing control of their vehicle while they are attempting to adapt to changing road conditions. It contributed to 17.8 percent of crashes in the area.
- The use of cell phones: Distracted driving continues to be a problem in today’s world. Using a cell phone while in the driver’s seat is one common example of distracted driving and found in 0.4 percent of all Vinton County crashes.
Minor fender benders, major rollover collisions, and everything in between may cause serious car injuries and fatalities. Neck injuries, back injuries, head injuries, brain injuries, broken bones, and burns are several examples of the injuries that often occur after Vinton County car accidents. In 2017, 29.8 percent of crashes resulted in injuries or fatalities.
Steps to Take After a Vinton County Car Crash
There are certain steps you should take to protect your rights and health following a car accident in Vinton County. We recommend the following:
- Call the police: if the police has not arrived to the scene on their own, dial 911 and inform them of the crash. They’ll be able to file a crash report, which can be used as valuable evidence down the road.
- Photograph the scene: Take photographs of all the vehicles, any road signs or road conditions, and injuries you may have sustained.
- Collect contact information: Ask the drivers involved and any witnesses for their names and phone numbers.
- Seek medical attention: If you’d like to ensure you are fairly compensated for your medical bills and hope to get back to your pre-accident condition as soon as possible, visiting the doctor right after the crash is essential.
- Consult a car accident lawyer with KNR: A car accident lawyer can help you figure out who is liable for the crash and may be able to file a car accident claim on your behalf so that you can receive the maximum compensation you may be entitled to.
Injured in a Vinton County Car Crash? Call Kisling, Nestico & Redick
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Vinton County, it is important to contact KNR to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer right away. You can count on them to offer practical guidance, inform you of your legal options, and ensure your rights are protected.