Amanda M. Burgess
Amanda M. Burgess
Amanda M. Burgess
Year Joined Firm 2015
Areas of Practice Personal Injury
Amanda M. Burgess’ legal experience began during college when she worked full-time as a law clerk for a business law firm representing clients of all sizes, from small start-up companies to Fortune 100 corporations in Cincinnati, Ohio. At the same time, Amanda attended college at the University of Cincinnati where she graduated cum laude in 2003 with a B.A. in English. After graduation, Amanda continued her legal experience at one of the nation’s leading providers of residential and civil litigation.
In 2005 Amanda attended law school at the University of Dayton School of Law. At the same time, Amanda worked as a law clerk at a full-service personal injury law firm including serious injury, complex medical malpractice, worker’s compensation and Social Security Disability and complex personal injury cases in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. Amanda graduated from the University Of Dayton School Of Law in the top 22% of her class earning the CALI Awards in Civil Trial Practice, Contracts II, and Intellectual Property. Amanda served as the President of the Law Students for the Arts and through this position raised money to benefit various causes in the local and national community. Amanda passed the Ohio bar exam scoring in the top 5% of the July 2008 Ohio bar examinees.
Amanda began practicing law immediately upon graduation and has successfully represented clients in not only personal injury cases but in a multitude of practice areas including consumer and business bankruptcy, debt settlements, loan modifications, contracts, real estate transactions, business matters, divorce, juvenile law, custody, child support, spousal support, domestic violence, civil protection orders, adoptions, wills, estate planning, probate administration, and other legal needs. Just two years later, Amanda passed the Kentucky bar to meet the needs of her growing client base and expanded her practice.
Amanda utilizes her diverse background to cater her practice to meet the individual needs of her unique clients. Amanda treats every client with the care and compassion of a small firm while bringing to the table the clout and experience of a large firm. When the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate a fair settlement, Amanda is prepared to litigate your case.
While Amanda is not practicing law she stays busy with her three-year-old son, Bradley, in New Albany, Ohio. They enjoy traveling, riding bikes, swimming, coloring, and fishing!
- Ohio, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- Kentucky, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2010
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio, J.D. – 2008
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, B.A. cum laude – 2003
- Shawnee State University, Portsmouth, Ohio, Associate of Arts/Humanities – 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Caparella-Kraemer & Associates, 2014 – 2015
- Law Office of Amanda M. Burgess, 2013 – 2014
- Godbey & Associates, 2009 – 2013
- Dearfield, Kruer & Company, 2009
- Dailey Law Office, 2008 – 2009
- Dyer, Garafolo, Mann & Schultz, 2007 – 2008
- Public Defender’s Office Maysville, Kentucky, 2006
- Lerner, Sampson & Rothfuss, 2003 – 2005
- Keating, Muething & Klekamp, 2001 – 2002